Friday, April 20, 2012

Hopes and fears as I start my days at ISB

My 1st week at ISB!

No regrets, but I have given up far too much while making this choice. I never made an attempt to meet my future batchmates unlike many others who even went on trips together. 1st week was definitely a roller coaster ride with all the parties, break-out sessions for various clubs, ragging by seniors (oh they don't call it ragging here and we have signed an anti-ragging agreement as well). I have been rather chilled out since I arrived at ISB. We were given couple of assignments by seniors, crazy assignments with unrealistic deadlines. But I for one did not bother to submit them which is unlike me. I like the new me, who cares less about whats happening around her.

I see everybody on an edge. People are nervous, every day feels like an exam day. There are fears I need to address. I am worried about losing focus. I have not been able to sit back and think what is it that I want to achieve here at ISB. Why am I here? Yesterday while talking to somebody, I realized I can't act that studies don't bother me. They do, I want to learn. My primary intention was to be able to understand all the aspects of managing an organization. How could I forget that? My primary target was never networking; yes, I do want to improve my networking skills. I do want to make friends. But that was not my goal for coming here. I could have done that outside ISB as well. I want to learn. So I shall. Friends I will make by being nice to people. I will not go behind the world to make friends. The ones worth making friends will definitely become my friends. After all there is magnetism at work, bringing people together.

No comments:

Post a Comment